Saturday, June 1, 2013

FS Designer Highlight: Julie Schmehl

We are gearing up for our next class - Sketchapalooza 11! The sketches are all ready to go and our designers are busy creating beautiful samples and digital templates for each and every sketch. It's time to introduce you to our designers. I will be highlighting each one here over the next few posts. First up is Julie Schmehl.

Julie is just like her pages - cheerful, fun, colorful and friendly. I am so excited that she will be designing for this class and who knows - maybe we can persuade her to do another one! :)
Julie Schmehl 
 

Hi, I'm Julie! I'm from Eastern Pennsylvania and lived here all my life with the exception of a one year journey to live in Las Vegas. My first foray into scrapbooking was in 1996 at a friends Creative Memories party. I remember saying to the consultant, "I cannot cut my pictures". Well, fast forward many years and now I cut people and objects out of pictures to use as a focal point. I love color and paper which is evident in my scrapbooking style which I would say is fun, funky and whimsical. I recently started dabbling with digital scrapbooking but definitely prefer "cutting and pasting" with traditional paper scrapbooking as I find it relaxing. I have a Bachelors degree in Interior Design which definitely shows in my scrapbooking with the use of color and patterns. When I'm not scrapping you will find me working in the financial industry writing and developing instructor-led and eLearning training for three call centers. Lastly, I love Kermit the Frog who tends to show up in my pictures and scrapbooks pages. I look forward to designing for you and seeing everyone's creativity.

No comments: