Wednesday, October 7, 2009

An old tool-the crimper!

Do you have any old and unused tools sitting around your craft area? I know I have several that I never use. I bought this crimper a few years ago at the dollar store (I mean for a dollar, could I really pass it up??) and it has just been collecting dust. So, I decided it was time to pull it out and use it.


If you've never used one of these (or decide you want one), they do still sell them at the craft stores (but for much more than a dollar!!) They are simple to use...just run your paper through the two rollers by twisting the ends of the crimper. Your paper will have a lined dimensional effect afterwards.


Here's a new layout I created just to share with you:
Up close and personal:

I love that this adds the feel of dimension without adding bulk to a page. You could also try inking, chalking or sanding the raised lines to accentuate them even more.

So my challenge to you today is to pull out an old tool (any old tool!!) and put it to use! You might discover you love it enough to use it more often (or it might end up in the trash! LOL). Happy scrapping!!!





2 comments:

thekreativelife said...

WHOOWHOO! GREAT layout Jayne! LOVE it! And way to drag out those old tools! ;)

Jayne said...

Great page Stacey! And teh crimped paper looks fab!