Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Glimmer Mist

If you haven't tried using Glimmer Mist, you're missing out! Although, I have to admit that when I bought my first bottle, it mostly sat unused for a very long time. Now, it's my favorite way to dress up chipboard and even ghost shapes! It's a bit messy, but worth it!

My tips:
1. Place the object you want to use on a large scrap paper or even inside a box. I usually set it on a piece of paper right inside the trash can by my craft desk.

2. Shake it really, really well. Look at the bottom of the bottle to make sure that all of the glimmer has been combined with the color.

3. Spray lightly holding it at least a few inches away. You can always add more but you can't undo what you add.


4. Move the object to a safe area to dry completely. With regular old chipboard, it only takes a couple of minutes. If you are using it with Grungeboard or a ghost shape, it takes a while longer to absorb and dry. You also might need another coat with the Grungeboard. I have also occasionally found that I needed to blot some of the extra mist off of the object (especially with ghost shapes!).



Have fun with it!!! Try experimenting spraying different things. (I think I need to go pick up some more colors-I only have four! LOL)

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Very cool! I am guilty of buying a bottle and letting it sit! I will have to get it out and start spraying!!

Stacy said...

I have never tried it. I am heading out today, so I may just come home with a few bottles! ;-) Your card is really pretty Stacey!

The Walker Family said...

Your card rocks Stacey! Thanks for the tip!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Love that card Stacey! I have just recently become a fan of glimmer mist. Love it!

Robin Gibson said...

First Stacey, LOVE that card! Beautiful!! And if glimmer mist, is the same as Maya Mist? Then I've got a bottle, and have used it a few times too! LOVE it! I'm guilty too though, of letting it sit probably too much. Should shake it up and spray it on more!

Will certainly try it with ghost shapes, hadn't done that yet. Mostly grungeboard, and chipboard...works great with both! And a heavy crimped piece of paper too, was cool how it made the 'cracks' sparkly!!

Char said...

Very Nice! I wonder if Michaels has it. Love the look! Thanks for sharing!