I have a couple of yummy spinach salad recipes in my recipe box. Here is one that is similar to one my mom used to make for us while we were growing up. It's a little tangy and very yummy!
Spinach and Mushroom Salad
4 slices bacon
2 teaspoons white sugar *
2 tablespoons cider vinegar *
2 tablespoons water *
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound spinach
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
**Note- if you like a lot of dressing, double these ingredients! I make it just like this, but you might like extra dressing. :)
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat (4 if you are doubling the dressing).
2. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and cut into slices.
3. Return 2 tablespoons bacon fat to skillet, stir in sugar, vinegar, water and salt. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Keep warm.
4. Wash and remove stems from spinach, dry thoroughly and break into pieces in salad bowl.
5. Pour warm dressing over and toss until coated.
6. Top salad with mushrooms and bacon, garnish with egg. (I just toss it all together with the dressing.)