Monday, June 1, 2009

Taco Salad

Now that June is here and we are headed straight for picnic season - I thought I would share my recipe for Taco Salad. It makes a *ton* and is always a hit at summer parties!

1 bag or head of lettuce
1 tomato (chopped)
4 cups shredded cheddar or taco cheese
1 large bag of Doritos (crushed in bag)
1 onion (chopped)
1 pound hamburger meat
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 small jar mayonnaise
1 jar chili sauce

Brown meat and prepare with taco seasoning according to package directions. Let cool completely. In the meantime, mix the 1st five listed ingredients in a large bowl then add the cooled meat mixture. Mix the mayo and chili sauce together in a small bowl then pour over salad and mix well. Serve chilled.
*Note: if you will not be serving this right away, hold the Doritos out and mix in just prior to serving so they will stay crunchy.

Here is a layout I made for my kitchen album about this yummy summertime dish:

Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

This looks so yummy! I will definately try this when I get back to home this weekend. I have never made anything but the "traditional" taco salad and have never heard of it being served "chilled". I'll let you know how I like it!

Stacey said...

This sounds yummy@!!