Thursday, March 18, 2010

Celebrate a Woman You Admire!

Did you know that March is Woman’s History Month?

My challenge to you: scrapbook a page about someone famous (or should be) and how she has influenced you. Or scrapbook about a woman you admire; or an influential woman you would like to meet. Be sure to journal about why you admire this woman, or why you would like to meet them, or why you think they should be famous!

Here is my layout:

The journaling reads: In my life there was no one more supportive, loving or protective than my father's mother, my Nanny. I was so fortunate to be the recipient of her determination and unwavering commitment to family. She taught me, first hand, that doing right has nothing to do with being in the majority; if you're going to raise your hand you better do your best; and, nothing is more important than the children you raise. I hope to live up to her example. Every day.

And, if you're a sketch collector, like me, here is one you can use to base your own tribute:

Be sure to share your layout on the Feeling Scrappy Facebook Gallery.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Wow - sure a powerful layout Lee! (GREAT sketch too!)