Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stickles-an old favorite!

We probably all have at least one bottle of Stickles. Some of you might even have the entire color collection (or close to it! LOL). If you are one of the rare few who doesn't actually own a bottle of fun yet, maybe you'll be inspired to pick up a bottle or two next time you are in your local craft store.

After my initial excitement with this glittery goo, I began to neglect these colorful bottles of fun. I've recently revisted my bottles of Stickles and wanted to share a few ideas for using them.
You can use your Stickles to...
..."paint" the petals on your flowers.
...cover the center of a flower.
...trace designs on your paper.
...dab over painted chipboard elements.
...add shimmer to the center of a button.
...adhere small embellishments (just put a glob on the paper and push your button, dew drop or other item onto it! It will squish out around the sides for a fun effect.)
...add dots around papers and photos.
...add a bit of color and shine on a stamped image.
...brush over the top of letter stickers.
Here's a card I made using Stickles on my chipboard, flower and on the design in the patterned paper.


I love how the stickles give the pattern a slight raised and shimmery look.


**Remember to allow plenty of time for your Stickles to dry.

Last but not least, here's a storage tip. Store your bottles upside down so they are always ready to be used. This reduces the chance that you will have an air bubble pop out and mess up whatever you are working on. Here's how I store mine:
I hope you'll have as much fun playing with stickles as I have been lately. They add such a fun element to scrappy projects!









5 comments:

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Great tips Stacey! Believe it or not, I just got my first bottle of Stickles - actually I got the 35 bottle collection pack as a Christmas present!

Jayne said...

I love my stickles! I will have to try your tip of storing them upside down :)

The Walker Family said...

It's time to buy some stickles! Thanks for the tip!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

I've never used stickles before, but you have inspired me! Thanks, Stacey!

Char said...

I was enabled by Jayne on these bottles of fun! I was not able to find them at a store near me in Canada so Jayne was so generous to buy them for me and send them up! That was 2 bottles I purchased from her and now I have 20!!I lalalaLOVE them.
Great tip on the storage!