Monday, May 25, 2009

Thai Pasta Salad

This is such a great recipe - good served warm or cold! And a huge hit at every barbecue/summer gathering we have ever served it at!



Ingredients:
6 oz. package any type of pasta
1/4 c. reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 c. chicken broth
2 T. peanut butter
1 T. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 1/2 c. shredded cooked chicken
1 sweet red pepper cut into thin strips
1 bunch green onions, cut into small pieces
1/4 c. fresh cilantro
2 T. finely copped peanuts



Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Combine soy sauce, broth, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, and crushed red pepper in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. In a large bowl combine pasta, chicken, cilantro, onion and peppers. Now pour sauce over and stir well. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!!

Notes:
Most of the time I use regular soy sauce and instead of chicken broth I use water - it helps cut back on the sodium.
When I am in a hurry I grab a rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store - it works great! Today I just cooked 3 chicken breasts on the stove top with a little chicken broth, then shredded.
I ALWAYS us the whole package of pasta - my favorites are fettuccine or rigatoni.
I ALWAYS double the sauce ingredients.



2 comments:

Jayne said...

That looks SO good! Can't wait to try it out!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

This looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing, Stacey!