Monday, July 20, 2009

Focaccia Bread

I made this for the first time the other night and we ate all of it! Sooo tasty. I think this is my new staple to fix with pasta instead of breadsticks (until I start counting calories again and try to lose the baby weight that is!). This would also make a great appetizer with some dipping sauce. I adapted this a bit from a recipe I found in a Pampered Chef book. Here's my version:

Focaccia Bread


1 package pizza crust (I made my own but store bought would work fine.)
Olive oil (a few tsp maybe)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup grated parmesan (or romano)
2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 tsp dried oregano
1-2 tomatoes, sliced thin

Directions:
1. Roll out your dough on a cookie sheet or baking stone. The shape doesn't really matter a whole lot.
2. Brush the dough with a little olive oil.
3. Spread the finely minced garlic around the bread.
4. Sprinkle half of the parmesan, half of the mozzarella and half of the oregano on top of garlic. 5. Add the tomatoes. I would have liked more on mine but I only had one small tomato.
6. Add the rest of the mozzarella and oregano on top of the tomatoes. Finally, sprinkle the rest of parmesan on top of it all.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes at 375 or until it is nicely browned to your taste. (It will depend on your oven and how thick you roll the dough.) Slice and serve.


1 comment:

Jayne said...

Looks and sounds so yummy Stacey!