Does your family have any holiday traditions? Traditions don't have to be elaborate and you can start new ones anytime! They make the holidays extra special and give everyone something to look forward to. Today, I want to share a new tradition we started last year as well as some ideas for your family.
Growing up, my parents always let us open a gift on Christmas Eve. It was something we could use right away such as an electric blanket for a cold night, new pjs or a necklace to wear to church. Last year, we decided to give the kids new pj's to open and wear every Christmas Eve. I plan on continuing this tradition every year.
Here are a few ideas for your family to do together this holiday season:
* Sing Christmas songs while trimming the tree.
* Bake and decorate cookies.
* Drive around town looking at Christmas lights. you could even bring some hot cocoa with you!
* Make ornaments for the tree. They don't have to be fancy!
* Cuddle up and watch a favorite holiday movie.
* Write and mail a letter to Santa.
* Donate toys and food to a family in need.
We'd love to hear about your family traditions. Leave us a comment and share a bit about what your family does every year together. Tomorrow, I will share a family tradition that my grandma started years and years ago as well as some sites that will help you create beautiful holiday cookies.