Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Product Review: Tombow Mono Adhesive Diamond Dots

In the scrapbooking world, adhesives are the thing that holds it all together. No matter the cute embellishment or fun patterned paper, without the right adhesive, your page simply won't take flight. For a long time I didn't understand that not all adhesives are created equal. I would buy a product because it was on sale, in the process creating needless work for myself as I fiddled with the little square backings on the tedious adhesive squares that left my scrap space looking like it had been visited by the abominable snow cropper. All that changed when I discovered the new style of the Tombow Mono Adhesive Diamond Dots!

I cannot say enough how much this product has streamlined my scrapbooking life. The Diamond Dots glide on smoothly every single time: no clumping, no curling or rolling. The runner is small enough to make it easy to apply the adhesive in tight spots, but not so small that the work becomes tedious. I purchased the permanent variety of this adhesive, and I cannot believe how beautifully it holds! Even textured or coated cardstocks are held tightly from the first try. For my paper adhering needs, these are now my go-to product, without a doubt.

Another great thing about this new runner style for Tombow is that it is refillable, and very easily so! I found mine at Hobby Lobby while all of their adhesives were on sale half off. Even when you go the more expensive route for products like this, if you play your cards right, you can buy during sales or use coupons to wind up spending almost the same amount as you would on less expensive ones.

So, from one fellow scrapbooker to another: check out this product. It gets my enthusiastic thumbs-up!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks! I will have to try this adhesive!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Thanks for the review Amy! I love Tombow products but haven't tried this one yet.

Jayne said...

Thanks for the great review - I will be giving these a try :) Jayne