Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Altered Wine Bottle

This is a fun - quick and easy project. Takes about 15 minutes start to finish.

You will need:

clean empty wine or sparkling cider bottle - with labels removed. I save all our wine bottles now because I think these make the sweetest gifts.

Adhesive - I used a Tombow runner to attach the paper, Glue Dots to attach the ribbon, and Pop Dots to attach my metal embellishment

3 3/4" x 12" piece of patterned paper - I used scraps

1 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of patterned paper - I used scraps

ribbon or trim of choice

embellishments of choice


Start by applying adhesive liberally to the back of your largest piece of paper.


Wrap this around the lower portion of your bottle. Take care to keep the edge lined up with the bottom of the bottle - it needs to be straight so the paper ends line up.



Do the same for the smaller piece of paper - attaching it to the neck of your bottle.

The next part is to HAVE FUN embellishing your bottle as you see fit. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

Here is todays finished product:


This is one I did for Easter:





No comments: