With Fall almost here, I am already thinking about pumpkin (I love pumpkin!) These pumpkin scones are delicious!! Don't be fooled by my awful photo...they are so yummy right out of the oven with some butter. They are tender, flakey and just so good. I hope you'll give them a try.
2 ½ cups flour (I used half whole wheat)
¼ cup brown sugar
1 TBS baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cloves
½ cup shortening
¾ cup pumpkin
½ cup milk
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a big bowl and mix well.
2. Cut in the shortening using a pastry blender or two knives.
3. Combine the milk and pumpkin in a separate bowl and mix well.
4. Add the liquid to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Use your hands to gently knead the dough. Be careful not to overmix it. It’s ok if it is a little loose.
6. Divide the dough into two parts and shape each one into about a 6 inch round on a baking sheet. Use a knife to cut them into wedges.
7. Bake at 450 for about 12-15 minutes until cooked through but still soft.
Serve warm with butter and enjoy!